Reclaim: Claiming Sovereignty: Reclaiming Power following Sexual Disempowerment
Saturday November 12th 2016 from 10am - 4pm
Cost: sliding scale $60-$120 as you are able
Located at The Cunning Crow Apothecary - 9020 Greenwood Ave N 98103
This is a space for women to explore healing and reclamation following life experiences of rape or sexual trauma. In this day together, we will gently and wisely explore foundational concepts, tools and techniques around the reclamation our sexual sovereignty, hold space for healing, and make collective ceremony together to end sexual violence in our own lives and send prayers to women worldwide.
Let’s talk statistics. 1/3 of women worldwide endure physical or sexual trauma at the hands of a man in their lifetime. In the United States that number is 1 in 6.
Let's talk more statistics.
Those who have been raped or sexually assaulted are found to be…
- 3 times more likely to suffer from depression
- 6 times more likely to suffer from PTSD
- 13 times more likely to abuse alcohol
- 26 times more likely to abuse drugs
- 4 times more likely to contemplate suicides
(Statistics courtesy of RAINN)
Obviously women are the ones paying the energy bill for this crime. Whether the abuse occurred one year ago or 60 years, those wounds still beat in the heart of your cells. We pay by sacrificing our sense of self, our emotional and spiritual health, our physical health, our potential for healthy relationship and intimacy, our relationship with sexuality, passion and creativity… all of these suffer at the helm of rape and sexual assault. Enough is enough. It’s time to reclaim.
A women’s circle is a sacred template, this template is as ancient as time. Groups of women have gathered throughout time to connect, to honor, to vision and to heal. This template will gently hold us as we slowly, lovingly and deliberately swim towards the shores of the wounds held in our bodies, held in our wombs, held in our hearts, held in our very cells. These wounds run as deep as our blood and our bones, and are held in place by a culture that allows space for rampant rape. On the other side of the wound, beneath the shame and the guilt… lives your own authentic light, your strength and your ferocity. Let us reclaim her. The world needs us to allow ourselves to heal.
What this Women’s Circle is Not… This circle is not a therapy or support group. It is a sacred community wherein we join together to bear witness, to share and to reclaim our birth-rite of goddess hood.
This Workshop may call to you if…
- You are a woman who has been raped or sexually assaulted during her adulthood
- You have received or are currently receiving other therapeutic or healing support
- You have already told your story at least once and hopefully more often
- You are non-competitive, open-minded, supportive, courageous and compassionate
- You desire to heal and reclaim yourself. You do not need to see how this will happen, but you must be willing to choose to try.
About RECLAIM Workshops: This series is dedicated to wisely dismantling women from the indoctrination, restriction and bindings of the Patriarchy and reclaiming the power and sovereignty of their voice, bodies and Truth.
In RECLAIM Workshops, we...